Chicago is made up of many different neighborhoods – 77 to be exact – each offering it’s own unique flare. Suite Home Chicago likes to offer corporate housing in several of these neighborhoods. The first Windy City neighborhood we are highlighting is Old Town.
Old Town is as old as it is new. It’s an eclectic mix of older homes and sites (check out Cobbler Square where Dr. Scholl used to cobble his shoes) with some of the newest developments and shopping in close proximity to downtown. One minute you are in the Old Town neighborhood, and the next you can jump on the Red or Brown Line to zip to downtown. In a blink you can miss this quaint neighborhood.
Wells Street is one of the main drags of Old Town. Whether you are after a good laugh, satisfying food and drink, or specialty shopping you are sure to find it. Here are some of the prime spots:
- Second City Theater – Known for its many famous alums, this storied spot hosts popular sketch shows & improv classes.
- A New Leaf – Charming flower & plant shop with brick-lined walls, plus a contemporary event space.
- Nookies – Family-owned local chain of casual American restaurants with all-day breakfasts on the diverse menu.
- Fudge Pot – Longtime candy counter doling out handmade sweets & specializing in custom items for any occasion.
- Old Town Oil – Branch offering an array of premium olive oils & vinegars plus gift boxes & in-store samples.
- Old Town Pour House – Upscale pub food & a massive beer list served in an elegant wood-clad space with a mezzanine.
- Intelligentsia Coffee Old Town Coffee Bar – High-end coffee bar chain serving daily roasted brews in an industrial-chic setting.
- Orso’s – Italian trattoria dishing up old-school pastas & other family recipes in a romantic setting.
- Plum Market Old Town – Specialty supermarket offering organics, natural meats & fine wines, plus a coffee bar & apothecary.
- Old Town Aquarium – Longtime shop offers an assortment of aquariums, exotic fish & supplies in a maritime-themed space.
- The Spice House – Bright retail shop for all manner of rubs, salts & extracts, plus made-in-house spice mixes.
The Suite Home Chicago office has found the perfect home in Old Town at 1250 N LaSalle Street. We love the location of our office – we are centrally located to most of our properties, and one of our popular buildings, 1225 Old Town, is located directly behind our office. 1225 Old Town offers luxurious modern living in the heart of one of the most beloved neighborhoods in Chicago. Situated on Wells Street, there is dining, parks, the lakefront, our famous Second City comedy club all within walking distance. You can’t beat this location, and you can’t find a nicer property. 100% smoke free & pet friendly too!
What will be your first stop in Old Town?
(We hope its the Suite Home Chicago office!)